What does MCP Newfoundland Health Plan not cover?
The Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Health and Community Services provide the health and community service programs and policy development for the province and also supervise the administration of healthcare services in the province.
It covers various services under its public health program but some services are not covered; such as:
- Physician service or advice over the phone.
- Preparation of records, certificates and reports, and writing of prescriptions.
- Transportation services such as ambulance services.
- Therapeutic abortions carried out outside Canada or in an unapproved facility in Canada etc.
- Services provided in a non-approved Canadian diagnostic imaging facility.
- Appliances and drugs issued for use outside a hospital.
Prescription drugs not covered by the provincial health plan
The Newfoundland and Labrador Prescription Drug Program (NLPDP) offers assistance to residents to help them purchase eligible prescription medications. To qualify for this plan, you must meet the eligibility requirement for the prescription drug plans included under NLPDP, namely, the Foundation Plan, the 65Plus Plan, the Access Plan, the Assurance Plan, and the Select Needs Plan.
To get a prescription drug health quote, click here.
Dental coverage not covered by the provincial health plan
The Newfoundland and Labrador dental health plan is available to children aged 0-12 (Children’s Dental Health program), aged 13-17 (Income Support Program Youth and Low Income Program Youth), aged 18+ (Adult Dental Program), and Surgical Dental Program.
You need to meet the eligibility conditions to apply for each plan.
To get a dental health quote, click here.