Abbotsford is a British Columbian city, situated along the Fraser River and Canada – U.S border. The city is adjacent to Greater Vancouver and has a city population of 141,397 and metro population of 180,518, according to the 2016 population census; this makes it the largest municipality in the province outside Metro Vancouver. Moreover, Abbotsford is the fifth largest municipality in BC and the largest in the Fraser Valley Regional District. The city has a land area of 375.55 square kilometers and therefore a population density of 376.5 per square kilometers.
Majority of Abbotsfordians, up to 62%, work in the city. The remaining 38% work in Chilliwack, Mission and Vancouver. Fraser Health has two hospitals in the city, namely Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Center and community health services, and has over 2,500 staff. This makes Fraser Health the largest employer of labor in the city. The major industries in Abbotsford include agriculture, retail, manufacturing, and transportation, others include aerospace.
The city is also rich in cultural heritage and arts. Some of the local events in the city include the Arty Awards, Mill Lake Park, the Christmas Artisan Gift Fair and so forth. The Reach Gallery Museum is one of the most interesting heritages in Abbotsford. The museum features exhibitions, has a heritage archive, runs special events, and so forth.
To learn more about Abbotsford, click here.