Learn more about Group Medical Services
GMS was founded in Saskatchewan in 1949 when a subscriber cooperative medical insurance plan merged with a physician-sponsored health insurance plan.
The company goal is to offer Canadians choices and real value in health and travel insurance.
Following the introduction of publicly funded Medicare in Saskatchewan, Group Medical Services moved quickly to bridge the gap between publicly funded healthcare services and needs of its customers.
GMS introduced health insurance coverage for health care related costs not paid for by government, such as prescription drugs, ambulance services and private duty nursing. These core benefits are still the building blocks of the plans offered today.
This combination of tradition and innovation has been, and will continue to be, Group Medical Services.
GMS Products Overview
- BasicPlan is an affordable GMS health insurance product that is designed to cover for unexpected emergencies, including those fundamental health benefits not covered under your provincial health plan, such as ambulance services, preferred hospital rooms and in-hospital drugs. This plan is upgrade-able if ever you want to add prescription drug and dental coverage, and hospital cash to cover out-of-pocket expenses when you have an extended hospital stay.
- OmniPlan is a superior GMS health insurance product that provides extensive health benefit coverage including health practitioner services like physiotherapy and massage therapy, vision care, and glasses. This plan is upgrade-able if ever you want to add prescription drug and dental coverage, and hospital cash to cover out-of-pocket expenses when you have an extended hospital stay.
- PremierPlan is the most comprehensive GMS replacement health benefits package that is designed for Canadians who wants greater coverage for prescription drugs, dental, vision, physio, massage and travel emergency medical insurance for longer trips!
- StudentPlan is a GMS travel insurance product that is designed for Canadian students (available to under age 55) that want to study outside of their province of residence or country of residence. This plan can helps fill those gaps helping you and your family feel safe so you can focus on your education.
- GMS Immigrants & Visitors to Canada is a GMS travel insurance product that is designed for Immigrants & Visitors to Canada that want to have a peace of mind during their entire stay in Canada. You can choose the amount of insurance coverage between $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000 in total.